Highlights From Recent Issues
Here are some editorial highlights from recent issues of Podiatry Management magazine.
- [June 2022] Who Wants to Be a Podiatrist?
- [June 2022] Treating Heel Pain: A 2022 Update
Find out how the experts approach the most common of all podiatric presentations.
- [June 2022] Sunk Costs
Be prepared to write off these losses when upgrading technology.
- [June 2022] Exit Strategies
The key is to develop practice profitability.
- [June 2022] What You Need to Know About Add-on Codes
It’s important to learn when these codes don’t apply to dispensed AFOs.
- [June 2022] Podiatrist Indicted for Alleged Foot Bath Scheme and Other Machinations
Get rich quick schemes often result in legal troubles.
- [June 2022] Documenting a Level 4 Office E&M Service
There is an exact system that must be followed.
- [June 2022] Meet APMA President Laura J. Pickard, DPM
Podiatry’s strength requires its unity.
- [April 2022] How Satisfied Are You With Your Career in Podiatry?
- [April 2022] Private Equity, Group Practice, and Choosing the Best EHR “Partner”
Value trumps price as a selection criterion.
- [April 2022] The Great Resignation: The High Cost of Employee Turnover
The value of keeping happy employees is priceless.
- [April 2022] The Future of Podiatry in a COVID-19 World
Here are some tips for practicing during the pandemic era.
- [April 2022] RPMs vs. RTMs
It’s important to understand the differences.
- [April 2022] So You Want No More Global Periods on Your Codes?
Be careful what you wish for.
- [April 2022] Five Ways to Win or Lose a Podiatry Legal or Administrative Action
We can learn from others’ mistakes.
- [April 2022] Staff Management Is an Ongoing Process
Policies, protocols, communication and appreciation are keys to a smooth-running podiatry office.
- [April 2022] Pre-Employment Background Checks
You may need them, but be careful.
- [April 2022] Hiring the Right Employees
These tips will help ensure you hire the right people.
- [April 2022] How Much Medicine Does a Podiatrist Need to Know?
The answer is: as much as possible and as much as other surgical subspecialists.
- [March 2022] The Podiatric Hall of Fame
- [March 2022] Lawrence DiDomenico, DPM
Meet this year’s Hall of Fame inductee.
- [March 2022] Louis L. Levine, MA, LHD, CSW—Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient
Mr. Levine has been president of NYCPM for 30 years.
- [March 2022] Your Patients and Your Practice
Make sure you have a set of financial policies in place regarding your patients.
- [March 2022] Hidden Costs in Financial Decisions
When making a decision, always factor in opportunity cost.
- [March 2022] Should You Buy Your Practice from Yourself?
Understanding the economics will help guide decisions that affect your profitability.
- [March 2022] The Seven Most Ridiculous Laws and Rules That Affect You
These regulations simply make no sense.