The articles in this section are focused upon new products that have been the object of recent clinical study. Though PM does not in any way endorse any particular products, we are committed to presenting the most up-to-date clinical innovations to the podiatric community.
- [September 2021] Arize Helps Podiatrists Digitize Orthotics
With a solution that's easy to learn and use, this new technology gives DPMs all the tools they need to scan
and order custom orthotics.
- [March 2021] Create Custom Orthotics In-House in Just 30 Minutes
Podiatrists and patients are happy with the Podiatech solution, which fits practices of all sizes.
- [February 2021] A New Combination of Technologies Combat Diabetic Foot Problems
AVAL Diabetic Socks Enhanced with Clinically Proven Cupron Copper
- [April 2020] A Summary Outline of the Pharmacotherapy for COVID-19
Here is a review of some promising drugs.
- [February 2020] Microwaves: A Painless, Efficient New Treatment for Plantar Warts
Independent research supports the effectiveness of this new technology.
- [April 2019] Population Health Management: “Doing Good by Doing Better” and Why You Must Care
This new approach to health aims to improve both clinical and financial outcomes across measurable cohorts.
- [January 2019] HP’s FitStation and the 3D Tiger Scanner: Fine-Tuning Custom Orthotics
There are a host of both clinical and financial benefits offered by this innovative technology.
- [October 2018] The Use of the SNAP™ Therapy System in Clinical Practice
It’s an ultraportable, mechanically-powered disposable NPWT.
- [March 2018] Footwear for Balance: A ‘Bridge’ for Podiatric Physicians
With the right brace and shoe, the DPM can play a significant role in fall risk management.
- [February 2018] New Richie AeroSpring Brace System Can Replace Walking Boots
Three common pathologies are addressed via this patient-friendly technology.
- [January 2018] The Evidence Basis of Extra-osseous Talotarsal Stabilization (EOTTS)
When compared to other surgical treatment options, the benefits far outweigh any potential risks.
- [November 2017] New Topical Blends Antifungal, Cosmetic and Nail Renewal Agents
This three-in-one formula is available exclusively in physician practices.
- [November 2017] A Case Study of Treatment of Recalcitrant Nonpressure Chronic Ulcers Using Astero Gel (Gensco Pharma) Topical Hydrogel with 4% Lidocaine for Autolytic Debridement and Pain Management
A new safe, easy-to-use product heals the ulcer while easing the pain.
- [September 2017] Back Pain While in a Boot?
- [September 2017] Has Chronic Plantar Fasciitis Met Its Match?
Injectable human umbilical cord and amniotic membrane matrix delivers promising results.
- [June 2017] Emerging Technologies in Nail Disease—Micro-Drilling: A New Beginning
Clinical study data for trephine technology looks promising.
- [January 2017] Clearing Onychomycosis through Low-Level Laser Therapy
The Nonthermal Lunula Laser offers painless, safe treatment for toenail fungus.
- [November 2016] A Review and Case Study of Astero™ (Lidocaine HCl 4%), a New Prescription Hydrogel for Painful Wounds